What you will read in this article:
Schengen tourist visa is a short-term visa that allows the holders of this visa to travel in 26 Schengen countries. The Schengen area includes most of the European continent.
What countries can you travel to through Schengen Tourist?
Schengen tourist visa holders can travel to the following countries:
- Czech Republic
Documents required to obtain a Schengen tourist visa
- Identification documents include : birth certificate and in some cases national card
- Passport : with the condition that it should be valid for at least 7 months from the date of the end of the trip to the expiration of the passport.
- 2 photos : color without border and background
- Real estate document : Your real estate document will not be taken from you as a guarantee and it is only for presenting your assets to the embassy
- Job documents include : According to the type of your job, documents should be prepared, for this it is better to consult with experienced experts to help you prepare these documents based on the type of job you have.
- Financial documents include: A printout of your 4 to 6 months’ account balance along with a financial proof that these items must match. For example, if your job is an employee with a monthly salary of 3 million tomans, the printout of your account and the balance of your account should be consistent with your income so that there is no ambiguity for the embassy. Make sure that your financial resources are in the amount of 7 to 10 thousand dollars in Rial equivalent.
- Submission of documents regarding the purpose of travel and place of residence: If you do not have an invitation from your relatives and friends, you must book a hotel for the entire days of your trip and present the hotel voucher to the embassy. The duration of the trip will be provided by your place of residence, and the residence documents of the inviter must be sent to you as an attachment.
- Airplane ticket reservation: This item must have the same departure and return date as the start and end date of the hotel reservation or invitation, otherwise the embassy will not accept it from you.
- Valid travel insurance: among the other requirements of the documents required to obtain a visa, is a valid travel insurance of 30 or 50 thousand euros, which you must present to the embassy on the day of the interview.
- Cash in euros: on the day of the interview, except for the Swedish embassy, in all other cases, you must pay the fingerprinting fee in cash and euro bills. Do not forget this item and be sure to bring it with you. The cost of a Schengen visa in some embassies is 95, in some 105, and in some cases, up to 130 euros with special services.
Embassy entrance fee:
Over 12 years old: 12 euros
6 to 12 years: 8 euros
Under 6 years old: 4 euros
How long is the Schengen visa valid?
The amount of credit is 90 days after entering. And the person can spend these 90 days in one or more Schengen area countries. Of course, in some cases, its validity can be extended.
Schengen visa interview and submission of documents to the consulate
According to the arrangements made and appointment of the Schengen embassy online, the applicant must appear at the center on the appointed day and time and hand over her/his documents. At this stage, after the documents are delivered, biometric information such as fingerprints and photographs are recorded.
One of the steps to register biometric information in the embassy or agency of different Schengen area countries is fingerprinting. that this process takes place digitally during the person’s visit.
Does the Schengen tourist visa require an interview?
Yes, obtaining a Schengen tourist visa requires an interview, including personal questions and the purpose of the trip, etc. The questions that are asked in this interview are in the personal field and obtaining personal information, which include the following:
- Personal information of the individual.
- The person’s purpose of traveling to the Schengen area.
- Individual residency programs.
- Determining the place of residence in the destination country and…
Types of Schengen visas
- Schengen Visa Type A: Visa type A allows travelers to obtain an air transit visa. This visa is called a transit visa. By obtaining a type A Schengen visa, you can enter the destination airport by plane and leave the country by plane in less than forty-eight hours. This visa can be obtained mostly when you need to change the airline or when the plane needs refueling. In this way, you can easily enter the destination country and leave the airport for another destination after solving the problem through air borders.
- Schengen visa type B: This visa is also one of the transit visas. With this visa, you can leave the territory of the desired country to another destination through land or water borders. Be careful that you must have left this country in less than 5 days.
- Schengen visa type C: tourist visa or type C is one of the types of visas that can be obtained. By obtaining a tourist visa, you can travel to the destination country in the shortest possible time. This visa allows you to stay in the destination country for a maximum of ninety days.
- Schengen visa type D: It is a multi-entry visa that allows applicants to visit the country for five years. After five years, you can apply for a visa again. This visa is mostly obtained by people whose children are studying or residing in this country.
Schengen visa procedures
The process of getting a Schengen visa depends on your type and purpose. For example, if you are planning a tourist trip to European countries, the conditions and steps will be different from business trips.
So, you must first determine the purpose of your trip and if you have an invitation, check it, then apply for a visa.
How long does the Schengen embassy take to respond?
After two to four weeks, the embassy will give you an answer, and you should receive the answer by holding the receipt that was handed to you on the day of the interview. The answer may be positive or negative.
Schengen visa fee
As we explained so far, you have to pay the Schengen visa fee to get a visa. The Schengen visa fee must be paid in full and in cash. This fee may vary depending on the country you choose, so you should take this into consideration when applying for a Schengen visa.
For example, the cost of a German Schengen visa will be equivalent to 125 euros, which only includes the embassy deposit. Meanwhile, the cost of the Schengen visa for Spain is equivalent to 125 euros. You must pay this fee in order to start reviewing your case. Be careful that the Schengen visa fee will not be refunded in case of rejection.
Is there a possibility of Schengen visa rejection?
Unfortunately, the number of Schengen visa rejections from European embassies based in Iran has increased recently.
The most important reasons for Schengen visa rejection:
- The applicant has been rejected in her/his previous applications.
- Schengen visa applicant has a criminal record.
- The applicant should submit fake or fake documents to the embassy.
- At the time of the embassy interview, the applicant cannot properly justify the purpose of the trip.
- The applicant has lost or injured passport
- The validity of the applicant’s passport is expired or low.
- The applicant is unable to prove his/her valid employment documents and professional affiliation and also has little financial ability.
- The applicant’s identification or marriage documents are unacceptable and distorted .
- The applicant’s travel insurance is invalid or he uses travel insurance with coverage less than 30,000 euros .
- The applicant cannot specify his place of residence during the travel period.